Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenges for Selling through own websites
Dear All,

This is my first post on AIOVA. So, I must congratulate to the founders of this association. Great to know that Sellers plight is being heard.Hoping that it does not end at only hearing.

I have recently came across a thread which says that One should sell on own website than e-commerce marketplace as  with patience, the business starts pouring in.

I would like to share disagreement.

But it all takes to have the sales to pour in.

1. Website Building Cost.
2. Website Deigning Cost
3. Payment Integration Cost.
4. Brand Building Cost.
5. Promotion Cost.
6. Advertising Cost.

For all this you should either have expertise or you need to hire one which is again

7.Hiring cost.
8.Manufacturing or Product Procurement Cost.
9.Ware Housing Cost.
10.Logistics Cost.
11.Operations Cost.
12. Post Purchase Operation Cost.

So, before jumping into making your own website,please do your maths and take a leap.
There are a lot ways through which many costs can be reduced.

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kush Agarwal for this post:
  • Amit Purswani
Agree with Kush, will start our own website tomorrow only.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Their is a cost for RS 150 per order whatever is ur seller price..

As per our exp

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(03-05-2016, 12:42 PM)husanet Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Their is a cost for RS 150 per order whatever is ur seller price..

As per our exp

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

How's this Rs 150 Cost Calculated?
Can u provide detail about cost calculation of rs. 150

Sent from my ONE E1003 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
How to make economical website

A complete website should not cost you more than 50000/- but that is not enough you need to be having marketing knowledge for your website.
(30-04-2016, 11:10 PM)P.S. Enterprises Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Dear All,

This is my first post on AIOVA. So, I must congratulate to the founders of this association. Great to know that Sellers plight is being heard.Hoping that it does not end at only hearing.

I have recently came across a thread which says that One should sell on own website than e-commerce marketplace as  with patience, the business starts pouring in.

I would like to share disagreement.

But it all takes to have the sales to pour in.

1. Website Building Cost.
2. Website Deigning Cost
3. Payment Integration Cost.
4. Brand Building Cost.
5. Promotion Cost.
6. Advertising Cost.

For all this you should either have expertise or you need to hire one which is again

7.Hiring cost.
8.Manufacturing or Product Procurement Cost.
9.Ware Housing Cost.
10.Logistics Cost.
11.Operations Cost.
12. Post Purchase Operation Cost.

So, before jumping into making your own website,please do your maths and take a leap.

Hi,
I agree up on whatever you have written above about having your own website with cost procurement and managing the clutter. I myself thought of having a website by hiring a few web desingers but dropped the idea and had instead gone for ready made e-commerce platforms..where all the salient features of selling and marketing the products were prevalent with a very less cost per month.  I tried GainStores  and I am happy with it. For more info on the platform please visit [url=http:// You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.] Click here[/url],
(04-05-2016, 10:04 AM)Insasta Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.A complete website should not cost you more than 50000/- but that is not enough you need to be having marketing knowledge for your website.

I disagree. We have our own website, I built it from scratch myself(having previous knowledge of web development etc.). Even though I had no developer fee to pay, even then I have spent easily more than 50k on getting it to look professional with all the features such as pincode checking, integration with courier APIs etc, proper SMS verification and notification functionality etc.

Not to mention, just having a website is not enough. Just to optimize it so it loads quickly without looking bad on slower connections is a big task.

Marketing, SEO etc all fail if the website is on crappy server hence degrading the performance/loading for the end user.
Nothing short of a VPS would do if you are serious about the website when you start. Rs.100/month hosting by GoDaddy etc. falls miserably short if more than 1 visitor decide to visit the website. Not to mention that Google penalises you if your PageSpeed score/loading times are slow.

People tend to think getting into eCommerce is easy because it can be done by just sitting on a computer.

If you compare it to offline retail, if you plan to start a showroom/shop/franchise would you want your store to look bad/shabby? No.
What would it cost in any major city to open even a decent shop? Rs.20-50 lakhs easily with ability to catch customers from only nearby areas.
What is the monthly rental? In several thousands or lakhs at least, depending on your location.

Compare it to eCommerce costs, even if you spend luxurily on your website, the cost would be a fraction of what it would cost in offline retail.

Why is it that people are afraid to spend Rs.1-3 lacs on a website, which anyone from the entire country can access and buy from, and with a monthly maintainence cost of even Rs.2000-5000.

It beats me.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ASG for this post:
  • Siddharth Khetan