Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data on Number of Orders Shipped Daily across all marketplaces?
Lightbulb 
There is no valid data source to refer about the number of orders shipped from each marketplace each day. Need to know the cumulative total number of orders shipped as Indian E-Commerce Industry is sitting at $16 Billion worth of Annual Revenues. How many sellers fulfill this GMV and approximately how many orders make this GMV annually.

I would be thankful if members can shed some light on this whatever they can.

Thanks in Advance
Sumit Karanji
There are maybe Maximum 20000 sellers who are active. And 80-85 % of sales is coming from top 100 sellers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(25-04-2016, 12:51 PM)Jitoo Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.There are maybe Maximum 20000 sellers who are active. And 80-85 % of sales is coming from top 100 sellers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

What would be the Average Orders Per Day of these top 100 sellers.

And if there are 20,000 active sellers, what would be the average per day

Thanks in advance
(25-04-2016, 01:00 PM)skaranji Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.What would be the Average Orders Per Day of these top 100 sellers.

And if there are 20,000 active sellers, what would be the average per day

Thanks in advance

Average orders per day I don't think is imaginable. But in these top 100 70% sales is from sellers like Wsretail, Cloudtail etc.
This data will never be available unless they companies are compelled under some law. It do not think even for offline there is an compulsion to disclose number or orders received per day. Do you have any source for orders of Big Bazaar or Reliance Retail?
(25-04-2016, 01:04 PM)DeveshTanna Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This data will never be available unless they companies are compelled under some law.  It do not think even for offline there is an compulsion to disclose number or orders received per day.  Do you have any source for orders of Big Bazaar or Reliance Retail?

Agreed with @devesh . This type of data they Marketplaces will not disclose, and there is no law by which they have to show this data.
(25-04-2016, 12:51 PM)Jitoo Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.There are maybe Maximum 20000 sellers who are active. And 80-85 % of sales is coming from top 100 sellers.

There will be many more sellers than 20,000.  Just ask your pick up guy how may sellers he picks up every days and multiply that by number of pick up guys these sites have.  Add to that the fulfillment mode sellers.

1 lakh sellers across all platforms would be a better guess.
There is no yardstick to this. Unless until there is someone from the top level of these companies confirming the orders per day or if you get a hand on their audit report, may be you will get some approx figures.
Otherwise I doubt there is anyway we will be able to assess the number of shipments.
Out of avg. 1 to 1.5 laks sellers (claimed by marketplaces), only 25% can be considered as active (considering inactive sellers and sellers with multiple accounts in same marketplace).

Also till the date its not officially declared avg order value , marketplace vise. So its difficult to derive.
(25-04-2016, 01:13 PM)dineshvjain Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.There is no yardstick to this. Unless until there is someone from the top level of these companies confirming the orders per day or if you get a hand on their audit report, may be you will get some approx figures.
Otherwise I doubt there is anyway we will be able to assess the number of shipments.

Thanks for your feedback. My intention here is not to get numbers from marketplaces. 
We sellers make these marketplaces. I was just wanting to have a fair idea based on sellers feedback that how many active sellers are there in India combining all marketplaces and what would be number of orders per day.

My data shows that each day 10 lakh orders are shipped in ecommerce ecosystem. I doubt if this is true.