Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Own E-Commerce Platform Work?
Dear All, Everyone working with marketplaces must be aware of the fact that it is like a Master-Slave type business. Marketplaces behave like Masters and they can deprive sellers from business any time without any reason even.

Many of the sellers must have also thought of running own ecommerce website and others may have already owning it. My question is Does it Work? We know that marketplaces have cover on the market. So would it be a wise idea to launch own eStore? Any suggestion will be appreciates.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
It completely depends on products you intend to sell. Unless its a niche product category, its difficult to run own store.
you need to be angry and you need to have a will to do anything
a typical routine wont work
you have to try different things and make it work
It totally depends on how one markets it

If one starts their own website the main difference would be bringing in traffic while on the other hand these marketplaces already have a lot of traffic
Consumer trust is the most difficult thing.

Consumers would demand an open delivery. Flexibility in returns. Refuse delivery.

These factors will increase your cost per order

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.