Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flipkart Charging Extra Shipping Charges
Hello Members,

Recently there was so much confusion about Zero commission rates and shipping rates multipliers.

After our lot of efforts Flipkart started a campaign to give knowledge about fee structure of Zero Commission Categories. And also replied to us That Multiplier thing was only a miscommunication from the support staff but there is no such thing.

BUT

One of our member shared his 2 order id's with us in which extra shipping charge was applied. Shipment weight was 190 grams max Shipment size was 8"x10" small size courier bags. And also it was placed in correct weight slab i.e. 0-0.5 KG. But its was charged at 100 Rs. + Service tax.

So we contacted some people from flipkart to look into this matter ( can't disclose names ) and what they reply is that these orders are placed in wrong weight slab so charged higher shipping charge. But as we already shared that the shipments are already in 0-0.5 kg slab than how can they say it is placed in wrong weight slab and charged more. 

It means multiplier system was applied but Flipkart is denying for that.

Here is the conversation below..  Kindly read it from bottom

Dear Mr. ---------,

Please explain how were they put in different weight slab?
Is there going to be a public announcement of the same?
Should we start collecting orders details from sellers and submit to you?

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA
[Image: cleardot.gif]

On 23-Dec-2015, at 1:13 PM, ---You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.> wrote:

Quote:Hi

For certain orders, the shipments were placed in the wrong weight slab and therefore you were charged excess shipping charges. These orders are also part of the same error. 

The Seller support team is processing the reimbursement for all these orders. You will hear from them about this shortly.

Regards
----

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM, AIOVA Register or Login to view.> wrote:
Quote:Dear Mr. -----,

The seller has already heard from seller support.

The same has been highlighted to bring to your notice.

These are just a few orders from one supplier who was ready to provide details.

We request you to personally look into this and answer us whether the seller has been charged on volume or on multiplier basis.

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 22-Dec-2015, at 10:47 AM, -----You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.> wrote:

Quote:Let me assure that in case there is any discrepancies in payments, we will reimburse the same. For these particular orders I have asked Seller Support to investigate. You will hear from them soon. 

Regards
--------- 

Sent from my iPhone

On 22-Dec-2015, at 10:18, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. wrote:

Quote:Dear Mr. ----------,

As per the seller, they have received less payment due to shipping multiplier. We request you to check the same.

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 22-Dec-2015, at 7:40 AM, ----------You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.> wrote:

Could you kindly explain the exact issue with these orders?

Regards
----- 

Sent from my iPhone

On 21-Dec-2015, at 16:58, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. wrote:

Quote:Dead Mr. ---------,

We would appreciate if replies are received in a time bound manner.

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 19-Dec-2015, at 1:30 AM, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. wrote:

Quote:Dear Mr. -------,

We hope you have inquired regarding the payout of the below mentioned orders.

Please advise regarding the same

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 17-Dec-2015, at 5:21 PM, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. wrote:

A few sellers are not agreeing to the same.

There are some . I will give two examples.
OD------------------------
OD------------------------

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 17-Dec-2015, at 4:39 PM, --------You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.> wrote:

None of the sellers are charged on multipliers. Like I said it was only a communication mistake. The charge is being done on volumetric weights. 

Thanks
------
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 at 16:36, Register or Login to view.> wrote:

Kindly confirm when will the sellers be reimbursed for the shipping charges due to multiplier.

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 15-Dec-2015, at 9:15 PM, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. wrote:

Quote:Dear Mr. -----------,

The sellers would like a little secrecy while posting. They dont want business to be affected by giving suggestions.

You can provide a link for which logging in is not required as this is a public information.

Thanks & Regards,
AIOVA

On 15-Dec-2015, at 6:35 pm, -----------You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.> wrote:

I would strongly recommend that you still use the learning center link because we will incorporate seller feedback for further upgrading the tutorial and the latest version will always be available on this link. 

Regards
----------

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Register or Login to view.> wrote:
Quote:Dear Mr. ---------,

We also request you to send attachments of policies instead of redirecting us to seller central.

Thanks & Regards,
All India Online Vendors Association

On 15-Dec-2015, at 11:38 am, ------------You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.> wrote:

Quote:
Dear Members

We are making every effort to ensure that this structure is clearly understood by all the Sellers. We have started charging 0 Commissions across several verticals with this structure.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.document should help in clarifying the new structure completely.

With respect to shipping charges, we will be using volumetric weights as is the normal practice with logistics providers. We are installing digital profilers to calculate volumetric weights in our pickup hubs to ensure consistency in weight measurements. Only in rare cases where we do not have the volume measurement will we use weights of similar products measured historically.

The structure with a multiplier was mistakenly communicated in reference to this change by our support agents. It was historically used only in certain categories but is no longer in practice. I apologize for this error in communication to you and we are fixing this ASAP. You will shortly see multiple communications on this.

We are committed to making Flipkart the platform with the most profitable growth for you and this change is part of execution of that philosophy. I will be happy to discuss this over a phone call at your convenience.

Regards
------------
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to admin for this post:
  • thevidhyaenterpr
same was done with me ... my product was 120 g and volumentric weight is 187 g ...
but multiplier was 5x

so they charged in 1 kg slab...

yesterday i got a call from 0 commisson policy feedback .... and i said to them i m boycotting this policy ... coz of multiplier...the executive said there is no multiplier and this thing is wrongly applied ...

now it means flipkart executives does not know the policy .... lolzzzz
Hi,

Same here for me also they charged 1 kg slab for products where they were charging 500 grms slab before moving to Zero commission policy, for follow up from 8th march 2016 to 1st may 2016, i got feed up and escalated the matter to the CEO Mr.Sachin on sachin@flipkart.com. After that somebody called me from his office and took complete details and started refunding the excess charged amount form 1st june 2016.

But problem still exist every they the still charging the same i.e for 500 grms slab product they are charging 1 kg logistic fee. No i made a point to check even small amount the deduct.

They one of the worst vendor management team.
as they r in cash crunch .... investors hve also put pressure on them .... therefore they r doing this intentionally .. if seller checks .. they wil refund ... if nt check ..... so no refund