Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If i was a Marketplace
I would make my warehouses more efficient so that i dont have to force sellers to use the warehouses. They would themselves come to use my warehouses.

I would increase my per terabyte revenue instead of just counting revenue.

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kush Agarwal for this post:
  • Mahavir Shah
1) I wont handle the shipping headache vendor will use their own courier like old days

2) no easy return.. Customer have to follow few steps for return

3) no COD
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to husanet for this post:
  • Kush Agarwal
1. If I was a marketplace I would allow my sellers to have their own return policy. (at present 30 days return is ridiculous)
2. If I was a marketplace I would release merchant payments faster.
3. If I was a marketplace I would allow sellers to opt in / opt out of COD orders
4. If I was marketplace I would introduce payment reconciliation within the seller panel.
5. If I was a marketplace I would give sellers another option to use their own logistic, instead of forcing them to use marketplace partners.
6. If I was a marketplace I would not force sellers to use my ultra costly packaging materials. ( Like Snapdeal )
7. If I was a marketplace I would make give sellers a urgent point of contact, eg. account manager, nodal officer etc. ( like we have in snapdeal )
8. If I was a marketplace I would treat all sellers as same - Equal. Not like what's happening right now in Big marketplaces which have their own babies with special privileges.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jitoo for this post:
  • Mahavir Shah
I would not keep a,b,c cost. Only one cost that's is commission, and other as shipping, so reconciliation becomes easy for sellers, buyer rating options, to be given, so that cod, discount preference to be given based on your buying profile

Sent from my XT1031 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
If I was a marketplace I would only work on transfer price basis so that its a win win for both.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I would focus on increasing vendor sales and payout instead of only numbers. More payout to vendors = more comission.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kush Agarwal for this post:
  • Mahavir Shah
if i was a marketplace ... my vendors wil decide how much they wil give me commission , i wil not force to use packaging material .... seller wil decide the return policy , the bottom line is .... seller will decide everything .......
If i was a marketplace... i will not charge any commission or shipping chargers or any other charger just One Charge i.e. Fixed charge on Each parcel. Also no return charges,,,,