Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Issue with geo Tagging
Thumbs Down 
issue with geo tagging

sales r going very low due to this ...

any suggestions for it
Geo tagging is good. My RTO has reduced since geo started. Yes orders have reduced. But net on my balance sheet i am not loosing any money. Smart move by Flipkart. Others may have their suggestions, we hope FK works on it to improve their system
(02-01-2016, 04:49 PM)Kush Agarwal Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Geo tagging is good. My RTO has reduced since geo started. Yes orders have reduced. But net on my balance sheet i am not loosing any money. Smart move by Flipkart. Others may have their suggestions, we hope FK works on it to improve their system
first of oll plz deciide wht u want to say .... firstly u r saying RTO reduced ..and orders also reduced....
but my dear frd ... we r here for doing business to get orders....we r not here for reducing our RTO.
Do u know Y RTO happens .... when there r low orders .. automatically the RTO wil also be Reduced ....
this is just wrong step taken by flipkart .... as the ppl of india hasnt been full ability to purchase online....
Geo-Tagging seems to be one of the worst technical algorithm ever invented by any eCommerce company in the world.

By bringing in something like geo, flipkart is actually killing the whole idea of eCommerce. eCommerce does not look for boundaries, it can only win & grow when people can buy stuff which is either not available at their location or is available for a higher price tag. Geo is killing the original USP of eCommerce.

When the eCommerce boom began in India, there were small time merchants & manufacturers who then thought to start at the national level as well, things were going fine till some time, but flipkart seems to screw their dreams by bringing in their flagship algo - Geo.

In other words, I think flipkart is accepting the fact that they are not here for the long run and they have limited themselves.

But the question is why they are doing this??

The answer could be that their 'Angel Investors' have started poking them to show profits.

But how can a company turn profitable in a short period?

Ah, Product Listing Ads - The most profitable product any website can have.

But why would some seller start doing PLA when he's getting decent orders?

Ah, Geo-Tagging.. This way flipkart will save money on logistics and simultaneously sellers will do PLA.. A win win situation for flipkart.

"Ek teer se do shikar"

P.S 1 : amazon.com is in talks to lease 20 cargo planes to do one day delivery in US.
P.S 2 : flipkart.com is in talks to make geo-tagging full time to do one day delivery in India.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mahendra for this post:
  • labhdebaazar
very well said mahendra ji......

flipkart is going backwards ........ and someone wil takeover it ..thats the bottom line now
Yes, and that someone will be amazon.
definitely amazon will cover all in 1-2 years

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk