Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photography
Friends, we are going to launch our new category of fashion items like Jeans and Shirts but we do not know how to deal with the photography. Do we need to hire an expert or we can do it ourselves? Its very expensive hiring them. Please guide as we have DSLR Camera with us.

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Lighting is more important than DSLR camera. Learn about lighting and basic photoshop to make background white and you can do it yourself.
Resources are easily available online.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bhavjyot Singh for this post:
  • Pratik77
There are many agencies available who can handle this for you end to end. Better concentrate on the product

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
@Kush : Could you please name a few agencies?

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I havent tried. But you can check out browntape, ecaas of fibre to fashion, getyobo and many more

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kush Agarwal for this post:
  • AARJAY
Find a suitable professional photographer it is the best way to do business......bear in mind that for modeling photography average cost is 250/- and non modeling like things is 100/-........go ahead........

Sab khud nahi karne ka dusro ko bhi moka deneka..........
Thanks Pratik! This average cost is per photograph ? And please suggest few more experts who can do it for us. Kush bhai also shared few names.

(22-06-2016, 10:23 AM)AARJAY Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Friends, we are going to launch our new category of fashion items like Jeans and Shirts but we do not know how to deal with the photography. Do we need to hire an expert or we can do it ourselves? Its very expensive hiring them. Please guide as we have DSLR Camera with us.

Hellow,

First of good luck for your new launching. About photography and creating catalogs... may be my experience can useful for you. If its your own brand and your are manufacturer then go for professional photography coz this will help to creates your brand more famous and can attract more buyers. But if you are re seller and reduce expense.. 
check same type of products online and get ideas how other seller (preferable those who get good rating) photoshoot same type of products. like with model without model, angels, how much images they provide of each products.
then if you have DSLR camera then create the photo shoot environment in spacious room - you need some lightnings, back ground is white of light colored, day light is more good for good photo. and you need Software of Photoshop.. in which you can set proper images.
you need to know some basic features and run some tools of photoshop software...

I am selling my all products which are created without any photo shoot, without DSLR camera etc. coz i live in small town where professional photography are not available.
I use my cell phone which is 13 MP camera, some day light, white wall, if products are small then white card board paper i use.
then i use photoshop software for additional effects and creates catalogs.

if you like to see examples then go to amazon.in or flipkart.com and search "empatera" where all the products's images are photo shoot my cell phone's camera without any extra cost and model.

You are still more advance then me... coz you have got DSLR camera too. so good luck and happy selling.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Shobha Mehul Sony for this post:
  • AARJAY, Kush Agarwal
Thanks Shobha , I appreciate your support.

For product photography, pls try Pictor's imaging solution (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.). They work with multiple online marketplaces. Pictor is an android app which helps online sellers click good product photos using mobile phone camera. While the app guides the user to set up the right environment for photography using image processing algorithms, the company provides associated professional post-production service makes sure that each image that is delivered goes through multiple levels of retouching (can be directly used for ecom portals)