Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product Visibility
Dear Members, 

Suddenly all the product's visibility have gone down drastically. Even I'm not able to search my own products. Atleast 10 products used to be in the first 2 pages. All of them have disappeared. Sales have dipped by a whopping 50%

I have 2 queries here
1) How can such a drastic change happen in a week?

2) How to get back the visibilty of the product?

Thanks
(30-06-2016, 06:16 PM)dineshvjain Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Dear Members, 

Suddenly all the product's visibility have gone down drastically. Even I'm not able to search my own products. Atleast 10 products used to be in the first 2 pages. All of them have disappeared. Sales have dipped by a whopping 50%

I have 2 queries here
1) How can such a drastic change happen in a week?

2) How to get back the visibilty of the product?

Thanks
Even I am facing the same issue.. I think to encourage new sellers.. they bring up the new ones

Sent from my ONE A2003 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I have no clue on this, i have been speaking to FK on this but no finite solution yet. May be some veterans can throw some light here.
Well flipkart do it on purpose for hot selling products so that when your products are shifted way behind you start spending on their advertisment deals

Sent from my SM-G920I using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ashish mittal for this post:
  • lurewears
I have been saying this for more than a year now. I have even screenshots to prove the same.
I work in apparel category. On a normal day my products used to be at#1, #4 and number #7 position. I used to dominate entire category.
But, during a promotions day, or during some major traffic day, my products would become 401, 404, 407.

The first 400 products had following pattern with them :
1) multinational brand
2) pricing 5 times my price
3) sold either by WS Retail or Vector Ecommerce (Myntra)

Funny part was, my product had more than 200 ratings and more than 50 positive reviews. All the 400 products combines didnt have as much ratings from consumers as my single product had.

The idea for PLA was given by me in 2014 (Flipkart will never admit, who cares) when I simply told them that you give me an opportunity to keep my product in line with WS Retail, i will pay for it.

When pla was first launched, the roi was 2-3%

Then they removed it, and started a new app based pla, with dedicated teams and salesmen.

This spoilt the game further.

What i believe is this :
1) sellers are made to compete against WS and Vector in getting visibility
2) they sell the visibility via PLA and make sellers compete against each other. Roi almost 15%
3) they use the funds gathered above to subsidise WS Retail.

Seller should stop competing against each other and just wait for organic sales.
If product and pricing is good, sales will come automatically.

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kush Agarwal for this post:
  • dineshvjain, lurewears
Nicely put together.. and I second your views.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
In my case the products that are getting visibility are neither any Multinational brand and nor products sold by either WS retail/Vector ecommerce but yet the visibility has gone.

I had no choice but to go for PLA. Now the PLA's are exhausted over the weekend and I don't see the products again.
what is PLA?

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
PLA - Product Listing Ad