Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling on indian marketplaces is suicidal
With snapdeal going down the drain and arm twisting sellers for sd+ genuine sellers would not want to sell on it I feel.
There is always a fear of payments being stuck with lamest of the reasons given to the sellers.

With flipkarts new policy- it's risky to sell unless you don't have drug money margin or you sell in a category which has no return.

I have been associated with fk and sd since 2013 .
These guys were only good when the funding was coming to them but now that they are tight the sellers will also face the same issues

I personally am not a fan of Indian marketplaces such as fk,paytm,sd.
There has never been a day where I haven't recieved a return email from these shit heads.

I am now only focusing on amazon.in and thru these guys you can sell international as well so looking to chanelise that as well.
Also waiting for alibaba and rakuten as these are proper big corporations with their own funds and have a strong base of foundations and their policies and processes are great and In the long run these are the guys to do your business with.

With the desi market places every day there is a new policy and there is no stability.

An advise to fellow sellers is to focus on amazon for the time being and later on join the international bandwagon.

There is no point doing a business where you end up making a loss inspite of working hard and putting so much time, energy and money at stake.

The ceos of the desi market places don't give a **** about their sellers and employees as well. They only make money for themselves
and one ****** bought a villa for 32 crore in bangalore.
All sellers have a stake in that as well.

I honestly feel that most of the sellers are on borderline profit or losses in working with the desi market places.

What do you guys think ??

Also selling on eBay is great.
So work with international marketplaces only if you guys want to flourish

Sent from my SM-G925I using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

While marketplaces losses could be funded by investors, sellers’ loses are not funded by anyone. They have to make a profit if they have to be in the business

Sent from my SM-G925I using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to superseller for this post:
  • Flags, Kush Agarwal
Very well said. Everyone has got this taste. People are cautious now that's why fk and sd are shitting bricks
These market places don't realise that sellers are the backbone of their business If they don't keep their sellers happy then sellers will leave , but more likely new sellers will come and then later on regret selling on these desi platforms

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to superseller for this post:
  • Kush Agarwal
Completely agreed with your views. However would not support any jibes at any individual.
In India, brands have not yet realised the importance of their vendors

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
These desi marketplace would never let you earn any profit, instead you'll end up after getting loss. I am both an offline and online seller/retailer, i didn't found it better to sell 100 product in a day for total margin of 1000 rs while offline you can get the same margin by selling 10 products only.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(27-06-2016, 03:52 AM)Kush Agarwal Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Completely agreed with your views. However would not support any jibes at any individual.
In India, brands have not yet realised the importance of their vendors

Sent from my iPhone usring You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

hoping they realise it soon or else not many sellers are gonna be interested in continuing business further.