Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SnapDeal gone crazy. Charging 4x shipping charges
We have a product which weight less than 10 grams and with packing and all weight 50 grams and Snapdeal is charging as 2 kgs.  WTF.

We send them an email with photos of weight and dimensions, still they disagree to change the shipping weight charged.  Attached below are 2 of the 4 images we had sent to seller support.  Raw product weight 2 grams with packing weight 12 grams.  with custom snapdeal packing will also not weigh more than 50 grams.

The markeplaces are behaving like the East India Company.  Hamne kanoon bana diya, aap sab bhad main jao.

Below is the response from Snapdeal CS :

Dear Partner,

Greetings from Snapdeal!

Thank you for writing to us.

Subject- Weight Update

We have uploaded the data based upon the slab readings from courier bills for Oneship/Dropship products. This is an ongoing process that we’ll be following henceforth.

So we request to start optimal packaging, and when these numbers starts reflecting in courier bills data, we’ll update accordingly in the future. 

This has been agreed by the top level management and hence there would not be any changes to these SUPCs.

If you have any concern please write in a new mail so that we will be able to forward this concern to the concerned department.

For assistance, write to us at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

Happy Selling!

Srinivasa Rao
SD Seller Help Advisor

So the idiot expect me to continue shipping the product priced at 299, pay 200 inr shipping make a loss of 150 inr per product to get the error corrected.  Boss you are not the only game in town.  You are just 1 of top 4.  The three others do not behave so autocratically.

Devesh
Seller id - VeeDee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Screenshot from skb.snapdeal.com

[Image: ifn9tj.png]
I have raised ticket from snapdeal panel 3 days ago for weight issue. Still no response

Ticket ID 04109058
@ admin - whoever that is - what is the screenshot you have posted?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Look at this link.  BTW it is for fashion category don't know about other categories.
Yes even i am having shipping charges issues with snapdeal.My products weighs 200 grams and they are charging 103 Rs for shipping.They have changed it from 57 to 103 before 10 days without even intimating.When i have asked about this they said shipping charges has been updated based on previous billing from courier companies.I have contacted seller support,account manager and it is still not rectified.

My packing dimensions are 8.5*11*2 so even the volumetric weight doesn't go beyond 200 grams.I have raised this issue like 5 times and got the same reply every time.

What shall we do?.Does anybody has any idea??
Today i emailed this to sellershelp ...

my product cost price 110 rs + 5rs snapdeal bag+ 5rs packaging cost= 120
net seller payable 73 rs ,
earlier the logistics were 57 rs ,now it is 103 rs
entire commision is on 249 rs i.e 49 rs
plus collection charge 22 rs.
and the most expensive logistics 103 rs.
please let us know how is snapdeal making a loss in crores ,this all should be published.
Snapdeal pe dhandha bandh kar dena chahiye. Mere 400 sku close kar diye mene isi vajah se. Jo bik rahe he apne hisab se vo becho baki band

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk
Everyone should start boycotting SD
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madhur.jain for this post:
  • Kush Agarwal
IF SNAPDEAL DENIES TO CHANGE CONTACT ACCOUNT MANAGER OR ELSE NO OTHER OPTION...

ALSO GIVE ORDERS WHICH U FULFILLED ALREADY STATE TRACKING ALSO GET WEIGHT PROOF FROM LOGISTICS REGISTERED MAIL AND FORWARD SAME TO THEM...

HOPE THEY MAY AGREE...