Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sourcing Smartphones
Sad 
Hi everyone @aiova

Am Aravind from bangalore, KA. Am looking to start selling Smartphones and Consumer electronics on Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart. . . But I couldn't able to find dealers or distributors especially for brand and models that are selling only online. If anyone here selling electronics already can share some thoughts that would be very helpful. 

hoping for the answer

thanks
Hi
As per now there are no distributor who will give you the stock and permission to sell on online marketplace. They are totally not ready to give there products to online sellers .
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Suresh Purohit for this post:
  • Graphc
@Suresh Purohit but from where sellers source the smartphones from? Do one need to setup a brick and mortar store to get it from the distributors? how it works
Yes , you would have to set up a brick and mortar store.
The pricing depends upon the quantity you purchase from the distributor or the company.the more you buy the better will be the margin

Sent from my SM-G925I using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

If you would like to start small you would have to find some one who is the distributor/wholesaler in your city. He will be somewhat cheaper than the online sellers by some value enabling you to try and see if you want to go big in online sales and then you can work with the companies

Sent from my SM-G925I using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to superseller for this post:
  • Graphc
@superseller Thanks You do the same stuff? and whether franchise work or independent store... Which one better margins?

@superseller And what kind of volume needed to aproch companies or brands or distributors like redington

@superseller And what kind of volume needed to aproch companies or brands or distributors like redington
What's the typical Margin on a smartphone
Independent store is better if you plan to work with all brands else apple or Samsung is fine.the margins depend on the quantity you commit to Readington or Ingram the margins typically range from 5 to 25% at most depending on the phones. Volume would be around 100 pcs per model I guess

what about importing smartphones from china. anyone tried?
That will come under grey market and you won't be able to sell on market places

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to superseller for this post:
  • Graphc
some large distributors in china selling smartphones is that also comes under grey market