Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zoey - A SaaS solution built using Magento
I was checking out Magento website and ran into this Software As A Service provider called Zoey. Zoey is a premium platform built using Magento as foundation and is officially endorsed by Magento Inc in its official You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . 

Zoey is technically compatible with all Magento extensions ( at least in theory), has extremely user-friendly UI and DIY designing tool. Quite powerful out of box. However, we can not modify code on our own and only plugins from their marketplace are supported.

Just signed up for the demo. From initial expressions I feel this is quite good idea and it's worth to follow the developments of this platform in coming weeks. At present shape this should be more than enough for people stuck with Buildabazaar,Kartrocket and Zepo. I am sticking with Shopify for the time being as Zoey lacks some features of Shopify which are a must for me.

I am not sure about the support and performance of this platform. Would update my findings about Zoey demo in coming days here.

Read more about Zoey at - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thanks for sharing sir

Sent from my Le X507 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thanks for sharing
So I took Zoey demo twice after creating this thread. Here are my detailed observations with reference to industry leader Shopify:

* Software as a Service platform built by forking Magento. Extremely powerful out of the box. 
* Really easy to use if we have basic knowledge of ecommerce related stuff.
* Good choice of designs. Drag and Drop theme modification system can be used even by high school kids. For the knowledgeable folk there is     HTML/CSS/Javascript editor too.
* While theoritically it can support Magento addons, we can not upload any custom app on our own unless we are on the Premier plan costing upwards of $599 per month. 
* Has an app store. But selection is very very limited at the moment. This should not be an issue for most normal stores considering almost everything is built in.
* Only CCAvenue and EBS is supported in India.
* COD is supported with minimum and maximum order limits. 
* I could not find any way to integrate SMS notifications. This maybe integrated in future or I might have missed.
* Extremely advanced shipping system - Free,Flat Rate,Per Product,Table Rate,Matrix Rate etc is available. 
* FedEx,USPS,UPS etc integration is available with carrier rates. No direct integration readily available for Indian carriers like Bluedart/Delhivery. Maybe it can be done through Premier Plan. I am not sure. 
* Can import stores from famous SaaS platforms like Shopify,BigCommerce etc.

Conclusion: Overall pretty good platform. But limited support at the moment for India specific payment gateways and shipping integration. At $89,$199 and $599+ per month, good chunk of small sellers located in India may not be able to afford this platform. While there are few hiccups for India specific sites, we should not forget the fact that this company is relatively new (started in 2014). They have honestly made some impressive stuff in such a short time. I would not be surprised if this platform becomes another Shopify in coming years.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sai Sanvish for this post:
  • Kush Agarwal
What's your opinion with woocommerce.. its cheapest way i think..

Sent from my Le X526 using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
WooCommerce is decent if you have technical skills. Plugin compatibility, updates,security, handling sudden increase in traffic and scaling up may become an issue. WooCommerce can be used if you have enough capital and technical support.